Be the first to apply to this potential future opportunity!!!
Are you interested in working with a company who delivers exceptional client service; acts with integrity and responsibility; and supports the growth of their employees? Our client is just that organization. They are the top in the Insurance industry, and they may be looking for you!
Our client is seeking a Senior Compliance Analyst to join them directly in a remote role; however, the client would give preference to a candidate local to NY, NY; Pittsfield, MA; Holmdel, NJ; Bethlehem, PA.
Autistic, neurodivergent and disabled candidates are highly encouraged to apply.
Remote, Direct Hire Salaried role with the Client
Senior Compliance Analyst
- Provide Compliance support and oversight regarding regulatory compliance matters and requirements impacting:
- Family and Medical Leave (FMLA), Paid Family and Medical Leave (PFML) and State Mandated Disability products and claims
- Group Value Added programs
- State filing for these products/services
- Provide regulatory compliance thought leadership and guidance related to FMLA and PFML process and policy direction through subject matter expertise in federal and state regulations.
- Serve as a regulatory compliance subject matter expert to Product, Sales and Client Management, Marketing and Policyholder Service areas on FMLA and PFML topics supporting customer facing engagements.
- Review and interpretation of new laws/regulations pertaining to certain key topics and tracking of business partners’ compliance with those requirements.
- Primary Compliance support, through provision of consultative regulatory guidance and ongoing compliance monitoring, for Group Benefits policyholder service delivery operational areas as well as other key Group Benefits operational functions for all Group products. This may require supporting e-commerce initiatives, and other projects.
- The individual in this role will also be responsible for the following:
- Providing detailed memoranda and other substantive guidance regarding legislative and regulatory requirements on an expedited basis to be distributed to Group Benefits business partners to facilitate requisite business decisions and implementation plans.
- Clarifying ambiguous legislative/regulatory provisions. Correspond directly with appropriate stakeholders in the Client Law Organization when additional interpretation is required.
- Providing oversight and monitoring of issues identified during compliance risk assessments, other control function reviews, and/or regulatory interactions. Assist business partners in developing appropriate controls to address any identified control deficiencies.
- Supporting implementation of Enterprise compliance projects and initiatives including compliance risk assessments and compliance trainings.
- Performing special projects and other ad-hoc assignments in support of Group Benefits Compliance efforts.
As our Senior Compliance Analyst, you will report to our Compliance Lead, who reports to our Group Benefits Senior Compliance Lead.
- Strong relationship orientation and agility to navigate across the organization
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to respond to issues with urgency and be a trusted business partner
- Maintain strong working knowledge of all relevant regulations and apply that knowledge to evaluating business controls
- Self-motivated professional who will take proprietary ownership of their work, think strategically, work independently and as part of a team
- Excellent interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to solve problems in a practical and pragmatic manner
- Ability to work in a dynamic, hands-on manner and respond to questions from business areas
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment with special attention to detail
- Manage multiple projects and deliverables while executing on a wide range of tasks simultaneously
- An undergraduate degree is required, and advanced degree such as a JD or MBA is preferred but not required
- 5 plus years legal/regulatory/compliance experience with life/health insurance carriers with particular focus on absence management and paid family and medical leave related issues
- Must be computer literate (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.). Comfortable with and ability to adapt to innovative technology
Location & Vaccination Requirements
- The primary location for this position is remote, with work from home flexibility and travel to Client offices and conferences as needed. Locations preferred: NY, NY; Pittsfield, MA; Holmdel, NJ; Bethlehem, PA.
- Covid – 19 vaccinations required for this position.
Any offer of employment will be contingent upon the candidate’s affirmation of being Full Vaccinated prior to commencing employment in the new role. New hires will have five business days from their start date to provide proof of vaccination through our Vaccination Status Confirmation Form. “Fully Vaccinated” means that at least two weeks have elapsed since you received the recommended number of doses of any COVID-19 vaccine that is currently fully approved, or authorized for emergency use, by the Food and Drug Administration or that have been listed for emergency use by the World Health Organization.
If an applicant is unable to be vaccinated due to a medical condition or a sincerely held religious belief, practice or observance, Client may provide reasonable accommodations. This policy may not apply to any Client colleagues working in a local jurisdiction (state, county, or city) that implements a law prohibiting a private employer from requiring vaccination, unless there is an applicable vaccine mandate from the federal government that would supersede the vaccination laws of the local jurisdiction. Client, in its sole discretion, may modify or terminate this requirement at any time.
- Through skill-building, leadership development and philanthropic opportunities, we provide opportunities to build communities and grow your career, surrounded by diverse colleagues with high ethical standards
- Meaningful and challenging work opportunities to accelerate innovation in a secure and compliant way.
- Competitive compensation package.
- Excellent medical, dental, supplemental health, life and vision coverage for you and your dependents with no wait period.
- Life and disability insurance.
- A great 401(k) with company match.
- Tuition assistance paid parental leave and backup family care.
- Dynamic, modern work environments that promote collaboration and creativity to develop and empower talent.
- Flexible time off, dress code, and work location policies to balance your work and life in the ways that suit you best.
- Employee Resource Groups that advocate for inclusion and diversity in all that we do.
- Social responsibility in all aspects of our work. We volunteer within our local communities, create educational alliances with colleges, drive a variety of initiatives in sustainability.
“It is the policy of Rangam Consultants, Inc. to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to any legally protected status such as race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, or veteran status.”