The term of the endowed Professorship/Co-Director may be for up to four (4) consecutive years, with an opportunity for multiple renewals upon performance review and the recommendation of the Provost and approval by the Chancellor.
- PhD degree or equivalent terminal degree with record consistent with appointment as tenured associate or full professor.
• Significant professional accomplishments in data science.
• Demonstrated understanding of curricular requirements for data science education, at undergraduate and/or graduate levels, institutional requirements for sponsored research, and industry needs for data science workforce.
- Extensive experience that demonstrates successful, visionary leadership of a complex organization.
• Demonstrated ability to work successfully with advisory boards.
• Sensitivity and commitment to equal opportunity and diversity in working with both internal and external stakeholders.
• Significant experience and ability to form and lead interdisciplinary teams; experience with leading inter-institutional teams
• Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with diverse audiences.
• Established track record with securing funding from appropriate sources, such as federal/state agencies, foundations, corporations and venture funds.