The Quality Assurance Engineer will be a part of a cross-functional, agile team developing testing alongside design and development tasks, with a focus on helping to define (via tests) and validate features. This person is responsible for creating and executing test plans to ensure the overall quality and suitability of each software release throughout the development lifecycle.
Successful candidates for the Quality Assurance Engineer must have a good track record of hands-on testing of complex systems. Candidates should exhibit these qualities: Strong verbal and written communication skills, excellent problem solving abilities, quick learner, logical thinker, good attention to detail, able to use own initiative, able to work under pressure, and able to work alone and with other people. As a Quality Assurance Engineer you will be responsible for working with development and support teams in developing test workflows, including functional, regression, and integration testing and executing these scenarios either manually or through automation.
- Perform testing activities for initiatives across one or more assigned projects, utilizing processes, methods, metrics and software that ensure the quality and reliability of the systems.
- Understanding the interfacing applications, test environments and our tools and methodologies.
- Analyze application/testing requirements, implement automation solutions for automated testing of applications/products
- Responsible for test case execution, issue management and status metrics.
- Communicating effectively with agile teams and support staff on testing timelines, deliverables, status and other information.
- Assessing risk to the project based on the execution and validation and making appropriate recommendations
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Computer Science or Information Systems
- 3+ years of experience in Quality Assurance
- Strong Knowledge of quality assurance principles, techniques and tools required
- Experience working in Agile Scrum environment
- Strong design and coding skills with good knowledge of OOPS
- Proven experience in all aspects of integration, functional, and regression testing
- 3+ years in Information Technology, working with full SDLC
- Experience developing test cases from requirements/stories
- Experience with cross-browser testing of transactional applications
- Experience writing SQL queries as they relate to writing test scripts and viewing data
- Hands-on experience with Test Cycle Management tools like ALM and JIRA
- Experience in Batch Job Testing
- Exposure to web technologies (e.g. HTTP, XML, REST, HTML, etc…)
- Work collaboratively with Developers and proactively identify defects during each iteration / Sprint
- Ability to identify gaps in the testing process, suggest/implement improvements
- Good verbal and written communication skills